Read pages 138-149 Free at Last (2nd Edition)
–Bring it to God
Do each of the exercises explained in the book:
- Surfacing Exercise
- Visualization: Imagine the moment of temptation.
- Heart Ping: Bounce the truth off your heart and see what comes back.
- Sobriety Exercise
- Compare what you like about sin to the consequences of sin.
- False Belief Exercise
- Build up the case for your false belief. Explain all the reasons why you believe it.
- Now refute your own argument.
- Heart Cleansing Exercises
- Two Hand Technique: Imagine God’s presence in one hand and the pull of sin in the other hand. Turn from sin to God.
- Revisualizing: Imagine yourself in temptation but doing the right thing. Turn from sin to God. (This can also apply to dreams.)
- Absolute Revisualization: Imagine absolute freedom.
- Iceberg Exercise
- Put your sin at the tip of the iceberg. Identify deeper sins supporting it.
Explain in the post below the results from one or more of the exercises above.