The prophetic movement began in 1948 with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. A group of Pentecostal Bible students from the Sharon Orphanage and Schools began fasting after some of their leaders had driven to Vancouver to see William Branham in person. Branham’s gift was so amazing that they began to seek God to see similar results. Several weeks into the fast, there was an powerful outpouring of personal prophecy, and several other things. These events became the foundation of the modern prophetic movement.
The second major launch of the prophetic was in the late 80’s and early 90’s when the Kansas City Prophets burst onto the world stage through the alignment of Mike Bickle’s church with the global Vineyard movement. There were a number of extremely gifted prophets there, especially Bob Jones and Paul Cain, who brought the prophetic into the mainstream of the Charismatic movement.
There are many many prophets in the Body of Christ, although there is only a small number of people with significant public ministry at any given time. In non-Western cultures, away from our view, there are also many prophets who are very good but also unknown. Therefore it’s impossible to list them all, nor would we want to. However, a few years ago I created this list based on who I knew at the time, partly because most of what is on the web about prophets is full of lies and disinformation. One of the thing that I’ve learned in more recent years is that the Latter Rain circles which are still around today are many prophetic people almost completely unknown to the rest of the world. You almost have to be invited by God to even know who these people are. This list does not include many people who are obviously quite prophetic but primarily known for other gifts, such as Todd Bentley, Todd White, Randy Clark, Heidi Baker, Jack Deere, Dan Bohi, etc.
Also, if you came to this page because you are looking to grow in the prophetic, or need a resource you can use with your church or ministry to expand Spirit-filled ministry in a healthy way, my wife and I have created the book School of the Spirit This book is ideal for use with small groups and designed to promote a healthy culture of Spirit-filled ministry in church settings, but is also great for personal foundations.
KANSAS CITY STREAM
- Shawn Bolz — Is far and away the premier prophet of our generation. Trained under many of the men listed below, has recently come into a completely new level of prophetic that is on a similar level to Paul Cain or William Branham. He gives his words in a very “Gee Whiz” style, but make no mistake, this guy is the real deal with serious revelation. Watch him on YouTube if you doubt it. Unfortunately very few of those below can you see in action.
- Paul Cain — Paul Cain was the most gifted prophet of his generation. He was used by God as a youth in the Healing revival of the 40s and 50s, then did much more limited ministry for a long time, before becoming internationally known again through his association with Mike Bickle and John Wimber. He fell into serious sin in the early 2000s started a restoration process, but did not complete it to the satisfaction of those who took him out of ministry. It’s amazing to me that someone so influential in our time, who has held thousands of incredible meetings in his lifetime could be in some ways such an unknown. In fact, with many of the names on this list, the same is true. I was in just one meeting in 1998, and that changed my life forever.
- Jill Austin — Jill Austin has gone on to be with the Lord, but was one of the great prophetic figures of her er. My friend was saved when his dad brought him to her meeting, and he was literally thrown across the room by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Bob Jones — Kansas City Prophet. Bob has now gone on to be with the Lord, but he was known for giving unusual event prophecies including rhymes or song, but which often remarkably come to pass. Bob Jones was disciplined by Bickle about 15 years ago over misuse of his gift, but did get back on track and finished very well. At the end of his life he was a mentor to an entire generation of young supernatural people.
- John Paul Jackson — Kansas City Prophet. Now gone on to be with the Lord, after dying early of cancer. Extremely gifted. Had a unique insight into dreams and theology. He moved to North Sutton, NH around 2000 and started his own school, and really movement. His presence was definitely unique for the otherwise dry region. He then moved back to TX and had a very interesting TV show, I think on Daystar, which was taken over by Shawn Bolz after his death.
- Jim Goll — Jim is one of the Kansas City Prophets. Insight into Charismatic history. Almost died of cancer a few years ago, but was raised up after another famous minister prayed for him.
- Noel Alexander — Prophetic type who came up in Kansas City along with the other key guys. I saw him share a word at a meeting in Kansas City that he had gotten something like 20 years prior. His is now based in Olathe, Kansas. Have met him at his house.
- Bob Hartley — A disciple of Bob Jones with a long history in KC, and a close friend of mine. Has a very high level of accuracy, similar to Shawn Bolz with a great vision of God’s love and encountering him. Only does very limited public ministry due to health.
- Michelle Seidler — One of the next generation of prophets to emerge from Kansas City. Now based in Orlando. She has a great gift and a new book out about her journey from being a psychic to knowing Jesus. She can be pretty direct, so be ready.
- David Kingsly — David was Paul Cain’s protege during the last few years of his life. He carries a great anointing and authority. He now serves as a prayer leader in Healing Rooms House of Prayer.
- Cesar Nieto — Pastor of Shift Kansas City, which is a prophetic equipping center for KC. He ministers much like James Maloney and was mentored by him. Love Cesar and his gift.
- Steve Thompson — Was Rick Joyner’s right hand, although he was kind of invisible there. He got famous for his book ‘You May All Prophesy,’ which is a great book on prophecy. They split and he was aligned with Bill Johnson and Bethel for a while. Has a good spirit about him. I saw Steve at a couple of their meetings in Charlotte, and really liked him very down to Earth, but clearly in touch with God.
- Bobby Conner — Bobby was a former Baptist minister. Intense. He has some dreams/visions worth sharing.
- Joni Ames — Joni was with Rick Joyner in the early days of Morningstar. She has a traveling ministry where she does house meetings. I highly recommend her ministry.
- Todd Magee — Todd is a high-level prophet that runs with Bobby Conner. He sees open panorama over people’s heads of their details.
- Chris Reed — Chris is the pastor at Apostolic Revival Center in Peru, Indiana. He heads Sons of the Prophets Ministry and has appeared on Sid Roth, most recently concerning the 2020 election.
CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL (CI) PROPHETS
- Bill Hamon –Fifty years in the prophetic. Bill Hamon wrote several great books on prophecy. Leader of a company of prophets. Prophecy is a throwback to the “old school” prophets who were Pentecostal in background. I heard him give a word in a meeting about a man who was having some inappropriate relations. It was heavy. I appreciate that he seems to flow in both the positive and corrective aspects of prophecy. We need both. I actually got to pick him up from the airport for that conference and had never heard of him. The other guy in the car said something like “How’s it feel to be on the cover of Charisma?” That got my attention. What I love most about Bill Hamon though is that he has a passion and process for releasing people into the prophetic. Too often it is seen as something only for special people.
- Scott Webster — Scott Webster was trained under Bill Hamon. Mentioned by MD pastor Charles Schmitt as having giving a significant prophecy about the future of their ministry which came to pass.
- Lew Mar – Also trained under Bill Hamon
- Sharon Stone – She gave a very accurate prophecy about the 2008 economic crisis. She was miraculously healed of a genetic brittle bone disease.
- Bill Lackey – Bill is one of Hamon’s key guys. He does great prophetic training.
- Jane Hamon — Jane Hamon is Bill Hamon’s daughter-in-law and a respected prophetess in her own right. She and her husband, Tom Hamon, are senior pastors of Vision Church at Christian International. She also travels and gives many prophetic words, many of which are national in scope.
- Rob Rufus — Rob Rufus is a British prophet associated with the Newfrontiers ministry. God has catapulted him to be a key figure in Newfrontiers in this season, and to breathe a fresh dose of the Spirit into what they are doing. Kudos to Terry Virgo for giving a platform to a guy like this. Rob has had some very anointed things happen recently at their conferences. Reminds me of Graham Cooke when he first came out.
- Jon Cressey — I saw Jon Cressey mentioned as a prophetic guy within Newfrontiers on one of the English bloggers websites. He seems to be very seasoned and the Lord is showing up when he ministers. He actually contacted me and shared his “Prophetic Reformation” site. Clearly, Jon has his finger on the pulse of some of the same things that have been on my heart at this site and seems like a really wonderful brother. Reviewing his site, I wonder if we are in a kind of prophetic wilderness, as God retunes his company of prophets for another move. Jon is one of the people taking the ministry of Paul Cain forward.
- Marc Dupont — Marc Dupont gets mentioned and has written some books, but I really don’t know anything. Graham Cooke said he loves him. Apparently, Marc moved to Toronto before the revival based on a word from God. That’s points for accuracy.
- Graham Cooke — He is a British prophet who appeared on the world stage during the Toronto Revival. A real teacher with a love focus. I saw him up in Vermont in 2006. It was a crazy meeting because it was in a tent in about 6 inches of mud.
I have not had any recent contact with this group, however, when I was connected about 10 years ago, it was heavily influenced by the Shepherding Movement, and as such had controlling theology which was damaging to many people. I do not know the current status or mindset of the group. However, if you are connected, you should study the Shepherding movement to evaluate whether you should continue to be associated. That being said, they had professional prophets who gave great personal prophetic words.
- Jim Laffoon — The lead prophet for Every Nation. Jim Laffoon came from Michael Fletcher’s Grace Church movement, and before that from the Latter Rain ministry of the Ewings. Jim is especially gifted in insight into the Scripture and a fabulous preacher.
- Jim Critcher — Was trained by Jim Lafoon in Every Nation. Accurate and pastoral words, and he can preach. Had dinner with he and his wife once. God really used this meeting to shake up my life. Jim is a renowned worship leader and currently pastors in Chantilly VA.
- John Rohrer — Prophet in Every Nation. He does prophetic ministry to athletes, coaches, college students, and churchees.
- John Steele — From New Zealand. came out of the NZ “New Life Churches”, which came from Ray Jackson senior and the Latter Rain movement teaching from Bethel Temple. He was sometimes used and referred to in the Every Nation movement.
- Brian Hume — Brian is an up and coming prophetic voice, a good friend of mine and came up in the same Every Nation circles I started out in. He is not associated with EN at this time but I include him here as this as part of this “family” of prophets.. Recommended.
- Chuck Pierce — Chuck Pierce is President of Glory of Zion International Ministries and was a central figure in the group of prophetic national voices that Peter C. Wagner brought together in the late 90’s.
- David Wagner — Connected wtih Heidi Baker of Iris Ministries. Has ministered to several presidents. Passionate about revealing the Heart of the Father and healing the orphan spirit. Great relational kind of guy.
- Chuck Flynn — Chuck was another old time prophet. He was mentioned by Paul Cain on one of his tapes. He ministered with the FGBMFI among many other places.
- Kim Clement — Kim Clement was known for political prophecies which have come to pass, but he also released many which did not. He appeared on TBN frequently for many years. He passed away recently at an early age.
- Hank Kunneman — Hank Kunneman is known for political prophecies which have come to pass. A friend of mine saw him at Harry Jackson’s church and was definitely impressed that this guy has the heat not just in political prophecy, but in personal prophecy too. Unique on this list because he comes from more of a Word Faith background.
- Dennis Cramer — Smaller name, but Dennis Cramer was a common prophetic figure in the Northeast region about 10 years ago.
- Jimmy Evans, Clark Whitten, Wayne Drain — These three men were billed as coming to do prophetic ministry at Gateway Church in Dallas, TX. Wayne has some resources for prophetic ministry on his site.
- Ron Campbell — Ron Campbell has a prophetic ministry called Sound the Trumpet which is based in Dallas, just saw it on the internet. Seems to be fairly seasoned, but also not very widely known.
- John Mulinde — John Mulinde is a prophet from Uganda. Had a vision of the collapse of the World Trade Center several years before it happened, along with a stunning warning of its meaning and our need to act. A close friend of mine was profoundly touched at a meeting where this guy gave his testimony.
- Ron Cassoni — Prophet who came out of the original Fort Lauderdale 5 shepherding church. Still part of the staff there. An elder at a church in Boston mentioned him a couple of times, and he clearly has a gift.
- Brian Weeks — Pastor of Jericho Christian Fellowship in Middleboro, MA. Weeks has a prophetic flow. Saw him do some nice ministry including a couple of friends.
- Jim Driscoll — A prophet who emerged from Jackson’s school . I received a word from Jim and found it to be quite accurate. He wrote a book on the prophetic and dreams
- Johnny Foote — Based in Pensacola, Florida. Johnny was trained under Ken Sumrall of Shepherding movement connection. I’ve heard good things about Foote. Well known in the FL panhandle area. Unfortunately Johnny has passed on now.
- Bob Hazlett – When Todd White first broke onto the scene, he was doing the Power and Love conference with Pastor Dan Mohler, Todd as the evangelist, and Bob as the prophet. It led to awesome conferences.
- Kris Vallotton — Kris is the prophet at Bethel Redding, CA and founder of the school of the supernatural. I have never seen him actually prophesy but he is the leader of the prophetic stream coming from Bethel.
- Loren Sandford — Loren is the son of John and Paula Sandford, who are somewhat famous in charismatic circles. He is the pastor at New Song Church and has become a more prominent prophetic voice in recent years. He accurately called Y2K and the Coronavirus panic. Has a burden for calling God’s people to repentance and holiness.
- Jeremiah Johnson — Jeremiah came to prominence on the scene with his prophecies about the Trump election. Known for making controversial national and political prophecies and for calling the church to repentance and holiness.
- James Maloney. James is a prophet’s prophet. I’ve seen him in person once. It is the closest you can get to a William Branham meeting today. In fact, it’s almost the same thing. If he comes close to you: GO. His prophetic ministry is more in the healing vein, but he also gives amazingly detailed personal words occasionally. Shawn Bolz looks up to him. Famous for giving 15 minute detailed words of knowledge at CFNI.
- Dick Mills. Gone on to be with the Lord. Once well known.
- Freddy Clark. An Assemblies of God healing evangelist who got the Word of Knowledge as a gift even though he didn’t want it! He actually fasted 40 days to get rid of it but it got stronger! Back in those days the AG was especially wary of prophets due to the Latter Rain. Clark is more oriented toward Words for healing than life direction.
- Kent Christmas Pastor of Resting place church in Nashville and a recognized prophet.
- Tom Lane and Preston Morrison. These are high level leaders of Gateway church who are used prophetically.
- David Taylor. David Taylor was a prophet in the early days of the Vineyard. He went into the marketplace for a long time and worked with the KC Prophets for a while. He still does traveling ministry. Very seasoned and very accurate.
- Luke Holter— Luke is a new voice on the scene. Seems to move in Assemblies of God circles and passionate about establishing a healthy prophetic voice in churches.
- Tom Stamman — Tom calls himself the “blue collar prophet.” It’s a good name because he has an insane work ethic. He seems to do a meeting every night of his life and then prophesies over everyone that comes to every meeting. Had a good testimony about him from a friend. Still astonished that anyone can work at his pace.
- Jamie Galloway — An Up and coming young prophet who is involved in several media projects highlighting supernatural ministry.
- Brendan McCauley — An Irish prophet mentioned by John Paul Jackson. Apparently both a bit eccentric and accurate.
- Michael Stephens — The “Starbucks Prophet” is a young voice who takes the prophetic to Starbucks on a regular basis and sees God do amazing things.
- Cindy Jacobs –Usually thought of for intercession, but actually a great prophetic voice. A living legend. She has a very strong political mantle, and has insider access with high level political figures.
- Marcus Wick — A relatively new voice. Moves in Charis Bible College Circles and has a strong teaching gift.
- Pat Bryson — Pastor in Warrensburg, MO. Does some meetings in the area. Roots in the Jesus Movement. Served as staff on International House of Prayer and ministered with Bob Hartley.
- Joseph Zupetz –Someone recently sent me a link to a word he gave. Connected to Faith Ministries in Grandview, MO.
- Tracy Cooke – Featured on Sid Roth. Known for supernatural ministry and founder of Elisha Training Center, a prophetic school.
- Charlie Shamp — Have met Charlie before in Harrison, OH. He’s a great young guy, connected to the Joshua Mills stream out of Nashville. Has accurately predicted several world events including presidential elections, natural disasters, and terrorism plots.
- Johnny Enlow — Johnny is an amazing man with an amazing ministry. God has used him to help reform cities and nations primarily in South America and is now doing more in the states. Although he is thought of as a 7-mountains guy, he has a great prophetic anointing
- Westley Roderick — Founder of LoveSpeaks Ministries in Shreveport, LA. He ministers in conferences, crusades, and revivals operating in the prophetic. His passion is to see the love of the Father revealed through the Spirit of Prophecy.
- Ron Campbell — Prophet from South Africa who now ministers in America. Offers prophetic insight to government and business leaders, including the Texas legislature, US Senate and House of Representatives, oil corporations and technology companies.
- Recie Saunders — Based in Fort Worth, TX, Recie holds prophetic meetings, consults with leaders, and writes books on dream interpretation.
- Etienne Blom — Etienne Blom is a prophet and pastor who lives in South Africa and heads Kingdom Fire Ministries and Shammah Church. He has given prophecies to both individuals and groups around the world.
- Troy Brewer — Troy Brewer is the senior pastor of OpenDoor Church in Dallas, TX. He releases prophetic messages he receives and also trains and mentors believers to move in the prophetic.
- Scott Nary — Scott Nary heads 420 FIRE International and is a prophetic evangelist who has a sizable online following and network of home fellowships around the country. He left a career in the NFL and NHL to see a great harvest come into the Church.
- Lana Vawser — Lana Vawser is an Australian prophetess who is featured regularly on The Elijah List, The Australian Prophetic Council, and occasionally Charisma Magazine.
- Kat Kerr — Kat Kerr has gained prominence recently due to her prophecies about the 2016 presidential election. She is a bit “edgy” and writes about her frequent visits to heaven.
- Christy Austin — Christy Austin is a prophetess in the Nazarene revival stream. She is a licensed therapist who brings prophetic insight to communities and helps individuals release the Holy Spirit into everyday life.
- Terry Bennett — Terry Bennet and his wife Donna participate in Shiloh, an international prophetic ministry. He travels internationally and across the United States ministering in churches, conferences, and to individuals.
- James Ryle — James Ryle was the pastor of the Boulder Valley Vineyard Fellowship and was involved in the founding of Promise Keepers. He spoke and wrote extensively hearing God, especially in dreams.
- Brian Hume — Brian is a prophet based in Northern Virginia who has been highly involved with the prayer movement, He hears God well and has a special mission for barn meetings. Brian and I met at the first prophetic training I ever attended, and then were supernaturally reconnected.
- Kevin Zedai — At age 31, Kevin Zedai had a heavenly encounter with the Lord during a surgery and returned with a mission to teach Christians to live in the natural and the supernatural. He has been featured on Sid Roth.
- Jean Darnall — A prophetess who recently passed. Jack Hayward was instantly healed when she laid hands upon him, and after she ministered at his Church on the Way. She was given a series of visions in 1967 revealing coming revival to the UK.
- Dennis Tinerino — Raised in the projects of Brooklyn, Dennis Tinerino excelled in body-building as Mr. America, Mr. Universe, and four-time Mr. Universe. He was powerfully converted through the ministry of Ray McCauley and now travels the world as a prophet/evangelist.
- John Hemans — Pastor of Open Heaven Church in Liverpool, Australia and head of Kingdom Reign Ministries. He has ministered internationally with preaching, signs and wonders and recently gave a series of widely-viewed prophecies concerning the US.
Latter Rain Prophets
- David and Violet Kitely. A prophetic power couple. Part of the original Latter Rain group. Traveled the world in the prophetic ministry.
- Moses Vegh. One of the last of the living legends of the Latter Rain passed away a few years ago.
- David Minor. One of the old-time Latter Rain greats. Just passed away at 90 years old.
- Phil Cappuccio — Latter Rain movement prophet. Prophesied over a friend of mine. It was intense and accurate. Great gift. Has lived a prophetic life, and now lives in DC.
- Eldon Wilson. Another of the Latter Rain prophets. He travels doing prophetic meetings. Carl Alexander is a prophet who sometimes ministers with him.
- John Benedetti. Started a missions program and has ministered prophetically internationally. Holds weekend Prophetic Presbytery meetings and has given a friend of mine very accurate prophecies.
- Ed Traut Prophet from South Africa now based in San Antonio.
- Mark Holcomb. Mark is a friend of mine, who is based at Robbie Hilton’s church in Johnson City, TN. He is the kind of guy who will give a few powerful words that he is completely sure of.
African American Prophets
- Brian Carn — I received a question from someone about why Brian Carn was not on my list. That’s because I didn’t know about him! 🙂 He was publicly called out by Benny Hinn to carry the same mantle. Moves in signs and wonders.
- David Ireland — Since we’re doing African-Americans, I was just reminded that when I asked the folks at Jubilee Christian Center in Boston what prophets they rely on they brought up David Ireland. That means something, because it’s quite an impressive church. He does executive coaching and is known for delivering culturally relevant messages.
- Damian Dunamis Pearce — This guy moves in a great prophetic flow with a lot of power. Based in New York City.
- Aaron Evans — Emerged from Rick Joyner’s ministry, but then moved to NH with his kids to be John Paul Jackson’s right hand. Now leads a ministry called the Daniel Company to raise up Kingdom leaders in the businessplace.
- Micah Turnbo — Micah is the staff prophet at the Vineyard Northwest in Cincinnati. A great young voice with a tremendous gift. Friend of a friend.
Lou Engle Prophets
Young prophetic people were drawn to Lou Engle and his platform gave them prominence.
- Darrian Summerville — Darrian Summerville is the senior pastor of City Servants Church in Manassas, Virginia. He is a gifted worship leader and singer and the founder of the Moravian Watch, an international movement of prophetic intercessors.
- Isaac Middleton — Isaac Middleton is a prophet based in Akron, Ohio.
- Chris Berglund — Chris Berglund and Lou Engle started a prophetic community around receiving strategies from heaven, primarily through prophetic dreams, and interceding about national events.
- Cheryl Amabile — Cheryl Amabile is the co-founder and editor of The Briefing, which streamlines prophetic communications to intercessors about national activities.
- David and Audrey Kim — David and Audrey Kim co-lead a ministry, launched out of Lou Engle’s The Call. They also direct a school of supernatural ministry focused on training and activating youth in national-level prophetic intercession.
- Matt Lockett — Matt Lockett is the director at JHOP, the Justice House of Prayer, in Washington, DC. He has a heart for racial justice and reconciliation